01/05/2011

Creating traditions

The older Monty and Blossom get, the more I am realising that I want life to be about the experience of an occasion ( I'm talking Christmas and Easter here.) Rather than the stuff it brings (I'm talking piles of plastic crap and double figure of Easter eggs.) Not that they get much of a look in at the eggs as I eat them for them for medicinal reasons.

Anyway it is on that ilk that we spent Easter in a park hunting eggs.

The excitement Monty had at snaffling springtime treats from the trees was blissful to watch


Blossom watched her brother in bemusement. Already can't wait to see her with her basket next year.

This is a part of parenthood that I am seriously enjoying. Watching the magic and seeing them believe.

This summer the plan is to go camping and partake in a dusk fairy search. I want it to be the children wearing pyjamas, with torches, little lit tea lights, letters in elf scrawl and treats left by the fairies.

I can't wait.

(Monty's super cool trousers  were made by Nat at Sophie 4 Sophie - they were an Easter treat for both the kids and I love them. Because quite fittingly they make my children look totally Innocent. Which is exactly how it should be. Thanks Nat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment